I just finished this. It's going to sound so terrible to say about a game that's been reviewed as being merely good and mediocre, but this is one of my favorite games I've ever played. Ever. It's one of the best game Nintendo have put out since the N64 era in my mind - right up there with Wind Waker and Galaxy.
All in all, it's just awesome. It's complete. It's the most cinematic game I've played since Shenmue in a way. The Shenmue comparison is one I'd make quite a lot, too - both games take many different genres and 'modes of play' and introduce them to you as and when you hit them. This game is like all the fast, action paced bits of Shenmue strung together, mixed in with a bit of Time Crisis and a bit of the Minigame style action you'd expect from the Wii. QTEs, duck-and-shoot fighting, minigame rescues and exploration are all the name of the game, and it is god damn awesome.
This is without a doubt one of the few games I've played to have done QTEs well. The 'last boss' was absolutely incredible, and it was powered entirely by QTEs. I was really on the edge of my seat.
This is the most movie-like game I've ever played too, sans Metal Gear Solid 4. You do less watching than Metal Gear, but it's sitll got a very fun, interesting plot. Wildly unbelievable but it's fine - this game is a lot like being in a Disaster-driven series of 24 - lots of shit happens, and just when you think everything's going to calm down it goes crazy again.
The score is amazing. Characters are well enough developed evne if they are very much simple stereotypes and like Ryo, Ray is a simple but really likable lead. And yes, Reggie is right, the voice acting isn't great, but it fits the entire feel of this game, which is this super-cheesy every-disaster-and-action-movie-you've-ever-seen-rolled-into-one.
I really enjoyed this game. I think part of it is because I love light gun games in general, but light-gun games are usually low on plot and have simplistic, arcade game values in the score, characters, design, and general aesthetic. This game has the arcadey light gun gameplay with detailed weapon and character upgrades, a fun plot, and high, high production values.
This game is in my mind the vision of what Wii Hardcore should be in the future. Despite the lower graphics it looks fantastic in places (not so hot in others, but whatever) and is more than passable. The way the controls work are perfect for the Wii - a mulititude of different 'styles' of gameplay, each with different setups, some motion sensitive driven, and some not. It just works.
Sorry if this seems gushy, but I fucking love this game. It's a crime this may not get released in NA. A crime.
link
Нема коментара:
Постави коментар