Where did the idea for Let's Tap come from?
Yuji Naka: It was something I came up with while we were working on another action game. I had noticed around that time that the Wii controller was a remarkably precise device, capable of detecting even very small, faint vibrations.
We did a bit of a test where we placed the controller on a desk and started tapping on the desktop around it.
Not only did the Wiimote detect that, but it also detected when we tapped on a desk placed adjacent to the one it was lying on.
Looking at that, I thought that it was pretty neat, that maybe we could do something with this.
From there, I thought about how up to now, rhythm games have been largely digital in nature -- made up of 0s and 1s representing "off" and "on" -- but this controller could measure more gradual levels of input in between those two extremes.
So it was a process of discovery that ultimately led to the idea, the idea to take a digital game and make it analog and able to accept a wider range of input.
link
Нема коментара:
Постави коментар